Monday, April 8

Lambing


Hello!  We're back from a very short 'mini break' in the Cotswolds.

It was literally three sleeps - two whole days - door to door with a two hour queue on the M25 thrown in for good measure as the snow was absolutely pelting down on Thursday afternoon.  All good fun...not!

But we survived - shattered and overwhelmed - though I wouldn't say rested (at all) and thoroughly chuffed to bits we were able to see new born lambs stretching and enjoying the Spring sunshine.

We literally just stood and stared for an absolute age at the possibility of it all.  With snow still tucked away on the far edges of fields these beautiful little lambs are a mark that despite it all Spring will come to be...naturally.
 
The biggest mystery of them all is though, how comes I still have a mountain of washing to do - for just two days away!
 

19 comments:

  1. I always come home from a 'restful break' needing a rest!! And all that washing.....sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were away at my parents for a week and the washing has to be seen to be believed.

    I do love lambs. Especially when they jump and skip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laundry, like rabbits or mice, multiplies!
    Love the lamby photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved seeing all the wee little lambs bouncing around. Laundry just never ends does it...hope you might get a chance to hang it outdoors in the sunshine Nina x Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun, lovely lambs...don't see any in London, but saw plenty in Devon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such cute photos of the lambs! Sorry you had such a dreadful journey to get there!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it is best not to try and think about the washing! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, gambolling lambs, too sweet. Good luck with all the washing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lambs could not be any more adorable! Spring is just about here :)

    xox Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious those lambs are!! Best wishes for all the washing! Hope you can get some rest! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the bloomin washing. I'd just got the mountain back under control when we visited my folks and bam, back to a huge pile. I know what I'm tackling again today...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Nina!
    Thanks for your beautiful photos and your cute lambs!
    Happy week and a lot of sunshine for you!
    With love, Geli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous lambs, i hope to see some in the field behind my garden soon. Where in the cotswolds did you go? I'd love to visit sometime but not sure where to go first! Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely photos, Nina. Yes, spring will come, it will, although it's still so cold up here in Leeds. And the washing, yes, it's incredible how much it builds up in this house if I leave it for just one day...

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aah, so cute. I'm on leave next week and am hoping to get out into the country to see a few lambs. Thanks for stopping by my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to see these lambs, after all the sheep/snow related tragedy of the past weeks. Glad you had a nice break, the Cotswolds are so beautiful. We are lucky enough to be able to drive there for day trips sometimes, I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, you might have been near me! Heather x

    ReplyDelete